To those who check in on a regular basis, I apologize for not giving you anything new to read until now!!
The Mother's Day phone call was fantastic! Elder Way is doing well. For those of you familiar with his finicky eating habits, you will be interested to learn he has ventured outside his comfort zone and sampled the following food items: corn (still doesn't like), hotdogs (still doesn't like & that's okay), and carne asada (LOVES).
His Espanol is slowly improving - he said my accent was horrid & I reminded him when he left mine was better than his. I believe he is not immersed in the language as he would be outside the US, thus, his progress is a bit slower.
He reminded us to engage in daily scripture reading including summarizing in writing what we read. Sounds like a missionary talking, don't you think?
I asked what frightening things he was withholding and he mentioned visiting a less-than-safe part of Oakland and being checked on by two different sets of police officers. Fortunately, no harm befell the missionaries. He also mentioned a gentleman who yells at them to leave his street whenever they pass by.
There are a few baptisms in the works, however, the ward mission will take credit for them.
As he has no access to a television, he was oblivious to David Archuleta's AI success, however, he did send an email asking me to buy the latest CD of one of his favorite groups. How did he know of it's release I asked - "a member told me" was his reply. Sounds like I need to send them a copy of the DesNews.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Sounds like Sean has really caught the spirit of missionary work. Way to go Way!
Post a Comment